OCC Weekday Golf Booking
[Update as of 27 July 2020]
Below is a copy of the recent announcement by Orchid Country Club. Please refer to their website (www.orchidclub.com) for the official announcement.
As global borders continue to be shut, all clubs are facing a situation where demand for golfing tee times has far outweighed the supply. We apologise for our service lapse and we do understand the frustration some members faced when they could not call through the booking hotline nor get a timely response to their email booking requests because the golf reception is experiencing very high call and email volume, and footfall every day. We have already beefed up manpower from other departments to help in golfing needs.
To mitigate this problem and on the advice of the authorities who came down to inspect yesterday, we are to discourage golfers from congregating at the golf reception and golf bag drop area. As such, all BOOKINGS OF TEE TIMES FOR WEEKDAYS shall be done via Google form with effect from 27 July 2020 (Monday), 9am. On the same day, requests for tee time bookings via phone calls, emails, and over the counter will cease. This arrangement will be in place until further notice.
Please read and take note of the following terms and conditions:
1. The link to the Google Form is https://forms.gle/if6Q6gARMkctx3vV7.
2. OCC Members and affiliate members can use this form to book tee times.
Junior members are not allowed to book tee times.
3. Currently, only members and members’ guests are allowed to play.
4. OCC Members and affiliate members can sign in guests. All guests must be accompanied by members.
5. Main bookers shall ensure that all the information provided in the Google form is complete and accurate.
Booking Procedures for Weekday Tee Times
1. Gold / Silver / WTGM Members - Up to 10 days in advance
2. GCU / MGK (Affiliate) Members - Up to 7 days in advance
3. Social Members - Up to 6 days in advance
Time of Submissions
1. Only submissions that are received between 9am and 6pm daily will be considered.
Submissions that are received outside these hours will not be considered, and the Golf reception
is not responsible for notifying the main bookers.
1. The main booker (i.e. Player 1) must provide his/her name, membership number, email, and
mobile number clearly so that he/she is contactable by the Golf Clerks.
2. The main booker cannot be substituted or changed. He/she also cannot transfer the flight to someone else.
3. The main booker must play in the flight as Player 1 and be responsible for the flight turning up on the date
of play. If the booked flight does not turn up on the date of play, a penalty of $535 per flight shall be levied
on the main booker.
Allocation of Tee Times
1. Tee times will be allocated on a first receive, first served basis.
2. All submissions that come through the Google system are timestamped in HH:MM:SS.
3. The Golf reception will notify the main bookers of their tee-off times by email or call as and when
submissions come in.
Forming a Flight
1. There must be a minimum of 3 balls in each flight.
2. The Club reserves all rights to pair up golfers to form 4-ball flights.
3. For 1-ball or 2-balls, you may still use this form to request a date of play, and the Golf reception will try
to pair up whenever possible.
Corporate Union / MGK Members
1. Corporate Union / MGK Members must have valid golf passes for the day.
2. Upon registration, Corporate Union / MGK Members must produce their Membership Cards and Photo ID
for verification purposes.
3. Corporate Union members must forward a copy of their golf pass (white card) to the Golf reception
at email@example.com before the date of play.
4. In the event that Corporate Union / MGK members are unable to ballot for a golf pass for the day, they will
not be able to play as visitors. If the booked flight is unable to play because they are unable to ballot for
golf passes, a penalty of $535 per flight shall be levied on the main booker.
1. In the event of inclement weather, the course will be closed if golfers are found to congregate and not comply
with safety measures, risking warnings of safety breaches during SLA checks. Announcements will be made
that the course will not be open for that session and all golfers are to leave the Club.
2. No refund, rain checks, and discount vouchers will be given.
Orchid Country Club Management
26 July 2020
COVID-19 Social Distancing Measures
[UPDATE: As of 16 June 2020]
Thanks to your collaborative efforts in adhering to the circuit breaker and social distancing measures, we are pleased to inform that the my golf kaki office will reopen on Friday (19 June), as part of the Phase 2 reopening.
However, we urge all kakis to continue social distancing and perform membership-related transactions online via our website, and direct all queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We seek your understanding and patience as email response may be slightly delayed during this period in view of the high traffic expected. Stay healthy and we thank you for keeping our community safe.
Please refer to the poster below for the precautionary measures in place.
Click here to view the previous Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
New Membership Number Exercise (w.e.f. 28 Aug 2019)
Please be informed that a new membership number has been implemented to replace the use of NRIC/FIN number for membership transactions (ie. renewal, golf pass balloting, events) with effect from 28 August 2019.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more details. Click to view the Official Notice.
Important Points to Note:
1) A 6-digit membership number has been implemented to replace use of NRIC/FIN as 'Username' for login to membership portal
2) Renewing members who do not know their 6-digit membership number may write in with their full name, mobile number, and date of birth to retrieve their membership number
3) Password remains unchanged for existing members before 28 August
4) Please ensure all personal details are updated as NRIC/FIN will no longer be the main verification of identity
1) Members are encouraged to surrender their existing membership card and exchange for one with the new membership number
2) Please email email@example.com to request for a replacement card
3) Await email confirmation once your new card is ready for collection
MGK Junior Selected for National Development Squad
Registration for Centralised Handicapping System
The Singapore Golf Association (SGA) has launched the Centralised Handicapping System (CHS) since 4 August 2016. The CHS replaces the previous handicapping system, providing a modern and unified platform for golf handicapping, changing the way golfers perform their handicapping activities, and introducing consistency in the calculation of golfers’ Handicap Index. CHS also tracks golfers who play at any golf course in Singapore and requires that a score be posted in order for golfers to avoid being awarded a penalty score. For more information, please visit SGA Centralised Handicapping System.
Handicap Membership Number
You will be issued a 7-digit Handicap Membership Number by my golf kaki upon confirmation to maintain handicap with MGK. More information regarding registration for the Centralised Handicapping System (CHS) will be provided via email. Please DO NOT use your NRIC number or the 6-digit my golf kaki membership number as your Handicap membership number.
Online Registration for CHS (with email account)
Online registration at chs.sga.org.sg
for the CHS. According to SGA, golfers who have successfully registered and whose membership details have been authenticated by their home club will be sent an email to activate their account.
Once you have activated your account, you will be allowed to log in to view your Handicap Index and enter scores.
Offline Registration for CHS (without email account)
If you do not have an email account, please drop by the my golf kaki
office for registration assistance. However, please note that offline submission of scores will require at least ten (10) working days’ lead time
. my golf kaki
will not be liable for possible penalty imposed due to late submission of scores.
Posting of Scores
Scores can be posted anywhere and anytime either by the clubs or individually by golfers via the Internet or through a phone application (iOS or Android).
Please refer to SGA website
for a list of frequently asked questions and SGA Personal Data Protection Policy
. Should you require any further clarification, please contact my golf kaki
at 6342 5736 /6342 4557
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintaining An Active Handicap Status
Members maintaining a handicap index with the Club are reminded that to be issued a Handicap Index, golfers must conform to the World Handicap System/United States Golf Association (WHS/USGA) and the SGA Handicap Policies.
A player should post a score immediately after the round or as soon as practical. It is strongly encouraged to post a hole-by-hole score. Total adjusted gross score may be submitted provided that player has already applied the Equitable Stroke Control (ESC) calculations for the submitted score.
Obtain an Active Handicap Index
If you have arranged for a handicap transfer to the Club or have recently completed your Courtesy Round, please submit at least three full 18-hole games via the Centralised Handicapping System (CHS) account to obtain a Handicap Index. Scores must be dated after membership commencement and please ensure at least one score is dated within the last 6 months (ie gap between date of plays not more than 6 months).
Note: Player will not be allowed to participate in Orchid Country Club's (OCC) monthly medal without a local handicap.
Please email email@example.com should you require any clarifications regarding handicap maintenance.
Retain your my golf kaki membership continuously and enjoy added perks. The longer your membership, the more benefits you get!
Please refer to the table below for full information.
[Update as of June 2020]
# Please be informed that access to the practice green & bunker, as well as putting course will be subject to availability due to the COVID-19 situation.
# Please note that golfers will only be allowed 1 hour access to the practice green & bunker area, subject to availability, until further notice. Thank you.
# Platinum complimentary access to changing room (shower & locker) is temporarily suspended due to entry restrictions in view of COVID-19 safety measures.
Practice green refers to the chipping green and putting green only. Not applicable for 6-hole Marina Bay Putting Course.
| Loyalty Status
(no lapse in membership)
||1 - 2 years
Weekday morning access to practice green & bunker#
(Complimentary usage till 12 noon only)
||3 - 4 Years
Weekday (full day) access to practice green & bunker#
||5 - 9 Years
Weekday (full day) access to practice green & bunker#
One-time complimentary $20 range card redemption
||10 Years & above
Full access to practice green & bunker#
Waiver of advance booking fee for Sunday PM golf
Sunday (All day) complimentary access to 6-hole Putting Course#
One-time complimentary $40 golf voucher redemption
One-time complimentary $50 range card redemption
*Perks applicable at Marina Bay Golf Course only and subject to availability.
- Loyalty status is accumulated through continuous membership renewals (without any breaks).
- The practice green access rights of respective my golf kaki membership categories are subject to renewal once contracted term ends.
Please refer to Member's Perks for full details.
Terms & Conditions
- Promotion is applicable for valid my golf kaki members only.
- Junior members below 12 years of age have to be accompanied by an authorised guardian/adult who is an MGK member or a non-MGK paying adult golfer.
- Members are required to present a valid MGK membership card to the registration counter for the usage of the practice facilities.
- This special promotion is subjected to the availability of the practice facilities at Marina Bay Golf Course.
- Free usage of changing room (shower & locker) at Marina Bay Golf Course cannot be used in conjunction with golf game bookings.
- All rules and regulations of Marina Bay Golf Course apply.